What would your life & Dance look like if you took 100% responsiblity for:
* your choices
* your shadows
* your choices to continue to act in your shadow after discovering them?
* your …safety?
* your Self – including all your needs for love, security, acceptance and survival?
Watch how this question is shaping me, my life and who I am calling into my life and Movement Medicine. I admit this one is a bit longer as I had much on my heart to share. Please stick with me till the end!
Picture Credit: Ralf Schuetz/ Mushroom Dreams “Defiant”http://solpurpose.com
10:00 am If you wish to offer help for the set-up
10:30-12:30 Ecstatic Dance Journey
12:30-1pm Closing Circle
1-1:30 Clean up (if you wish to help)
Energetic Exchange/Investment (i.e. Cost):
* Kids under 14 are free, Students $5-10
* 1st time FREE – tho donations in any amount to cover costs ALWAYS appreciated.
WHAT IS THIS SPACE?
Get your week started off with Adult (and kid) playtime (aka exercise) WHILE making new social connections – IN PERSON – and learning about a worldwide growing community that thrives on dancing.
Come explore Free From Movement in a safe space (i.e. a drug/alcohol/groping/talking free zone :-P). Free Form Movement means there is no instruction nor instructor. There are no observers or on lookers – freeing the space from the often “I’m being watched” vibe. Simply move, sit, observe, yoga, meditate, dance, skip, jump, party as you see fit.
There will be 2 hours of live DJed music from around the world. Some Electronic Dance Music, some drums, some remix top 40 and lots of booty shaking beats.
Groovy tunes and a barefoot boogie? Who knew being an adult could still be so much fun!
Here is a sampling of the WIDE arrange of music from #EDM to #WorldMusic to #africanbeats to #house and #dubstep that will be played: https://soundcloud.com/holli-christine-mccormick
Welcome home – this is where you – all of you belong!
<3 <3 <3
* This is a SCENT FREE zone. No perfumes, colognes, incense, sage, etc.
* This is a drug/alcohol/substance free zone…so we can consciously practice our boundaries and our expansiveness.
* Please turn phones off or in airplane mode. If you must leave it on, please silence and check outside of the dance space.
* Dance barefoot (only dancing shoes please), in socks, or footies
* Please dance with “one eye open” at all times – so you are aware of the sentient beings you might be running into
* PLEASE PLEASE READ the rest of the community guidelines here. I have poured my heart and soul into how do we do this community thang with as much awareness as possible:
Note on the Monies: Thank you for considering how you can exchange energy to support this vision of brining more LIVE connection, touch, healing, Movement, Art and Creativity to the Silicon Valley!
While the main alter will be set, we encourage you to co-create with us. Bring something that represents/symbolizes family/community matters.
Volunteer: Want to connect more with those around you? Find more belonging? We invite you to join in the fun in any of these areas:
Set-up & Clean-up, Altar, pre-opening circle blessing, promotions/sharing the event, or if you have anything else to offer (sound healing super yea) please reach out and let me know.
Sign up here for the Movement Medicine newsletter to always be on top of our gatherings: http://eepurl.com/bJWFCr
What Is Movement Medicine?
DISCONNECT TO CONNECT! –
This is what Movement Medicine is all about.
Living in the heart of Silicon Valley can be thrilling. And let’s face it, at times a place where we can feel disconnected in the midst of so much “connection”.
Movement Medicine is a Movement to get you MOVING into deeper connection with your Self through Movement Balancing session. Check the above links to learn more!
Here is to the dance!
(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)