Movement Medicine: Movement Meditation
I did not grow up with the practice of meditating – let alone even an idea or concept of it. When I started to learn about the practice – it seemed so foreign and unappealing – that is until I found the Conscious Dance world.
“You mean I could move, shake and dance my way into a meditative state?”Picture Credit: Mark Henson| TimeWheel
Hell yea! Count me in.
When one is able to shake and move the body so the emotions don’t feel overwhelming or get stuck – well this allows for the stuck energy to get MOOOOVIN. This frees up space for the energy to flow (and what is that energy? Love!). AND this allows for the meditative state to be partaken of – IMHO – in a much more readily available manner.
After almost 4 years of dancing in the Conscious Dance world, using the dance floor to release everything from anger and hysterical tears to pure joy – I have created so much more space inside. My ability to drop into a meditative state can happen within minutes of the start of the music and movement.
I pray this is a common occurrence for you as well – and if not (yet) you will allow the music to drop you in deeper this week.
* How can you deepen your dance practice this week as you explore the readily available meditative state for yourself?
* How can you shake that voice into momentary silence, while shaking out the tension and stress?
How can you allow emotions to be e*moted without shutting them down?
10:00 am If you wish to offer help for the set-up
10:30-12:30 Ecstatic Dance Journey
12:30-1pm Closing Circle
1-1:30 Clean up (if you wish to help)
Energetic Exchange/Investment (i.e. Cost):
* Kids under 14 are free, Students $5-10
* 1st time FREE – tho donations in any amount to cover costs ALWAYS appreciated.
WHAT IS THIS SPACE?
Get your week started off with Adult (and kid) playtime (aka exercise) WHILE making new social connections – IN PERSON – and learning about a worldwide growing community that thrives on dancing.
Come explore Free From Movement in a safe space (i.e. a drug/alcohol/groping/talking free zone :-P). Free Form Movement means there is no instruction nor instructor. There are no observers or on lookers – freeing the space from the often “I’m being watched” vibe. Simply move, sit, observe, yoga, meditate, dance, skip, jump, party as you see fit.
There will be 2 hours of live DJed music from around the world. Some Electronic Dance Music, some drums, some remix top 40 and lots of booty shaking beats.
Groovy tunes and a barefoot boogie? Who knew being an adult could still be so much fun!
Here is a sampling of the WIDE arrange of music from #EDM to #WorldMusic to #africanbeats to #house and #dubstep that will be played: https://soundcloud.com/holli-christine-mccormick
Welcome home – this is where you – all of you belong!
* This is a SCENT FREE zone. No perfumes, colognes, incense, sage, etc.
* This is a drug/alcohol/substance free zone…so we can consciously practice our boundaries and our expansiveness.
* Please turn phones off or in airplane mode. If you must leave it on, please silence and check outside of the dance space.
* Dance barefoot (only dancing shoes please), in socks, or footies
* Please dance with “one eye open” at all times – so you are aware of the sentient beings you might be running into
* PLEASE PLEASE READ the rest of the community guidelines here. I have poured my heart and soul into how do we do this community thang with as much awareness as possible:
Note on the Monies: Thank you for considering how you can exchange energy to support this vision of brining more LIVE connection, touch, healing, Movement, Art and Creativity to the Silicon Valley!
While the main alter will be set, we encourage you to co-create with us. Bring something that represents/symbolizes family/community matters.
Volunteer: Want to connect more with those around you? Find more belonging? We invite you to join in the fun in any of these areas:
Set-up & Clean-up, Altar, pre-opening circle blessing, promotions/sharing the event, or if you have anything else to offer (sound healing super yea) please reach out and let me know.
Sign up here for the Movement Medicine newsletter to always be on top of our gatherings: http://eepurl.com/bJWFCr
What Is Movement Medicine?
Movement Medicine: Disconnect to Connect
Feeling stuck in your life in love, career or unhealthy relationships? Do you have goals or dreams yet feel unmotivated, uninspired or simply directionless on how to take the next step towards them?
Get unstuck and MOOOOVING with Movement Balancing Sessions, helping you Disconnect from the outside world and all the many voices it creates in your head so you can Connect in with yourself on a whole new level.
(Visited 38 times, 1 visits today)