Remember those long summer days that went on forever playing hide & seek, swimming and hanging with your friends? What about those days that faded into the beautiful warm summer nights?
Sitting outside these last few nights avoiding the strangling heat entrapped in my home, I have enjoyed watching the full moon rise over my home, the cooler air and play time. Yep, the other night I worked on my handstands – something I am developing for my new Acroyoga addiction (will definitely be using this as a magic break idea soon!). I cannot even put into words the immense joy and excitement I got from seeing the almost full moon upside down between my arms. (Will be even better next month when I am able to nail my handstand for longer periods!)
Magic Break Tip:
Why not get out, with our without your kids, for a little playtime underneath this beautiful and intense full moon? Here are just a few ideas to get your creativity juices flowing of what you could do:
* Take a hike or leisurely walk
* Dance to the song of the birds, crickets, the crackle of a fire or bring out your iPhone and put on music
* Take a moon time dip in the pool or creek or ocean (with wet suite if in NorCal!).
* Dine like the Spanish: When in Spain, we would eat some tapas around 4-6 and then eat dinner after dark.
* Do a cartwheel, hand or head stand and enjoy the moon upside down
* Play a round of hide and seek with the kids
* Build a fire and gather kids for a night time story
* Get Naked (depending on location 🙂 and get a moon tan (idea from Sara Avant Stover and the Way of the Happy Woman)
* Howl, sing, sit still and let your eyes go soft as you stare and see the magic of the moonlight as it makes new shapes, rays and more
Whatever you do – I encourage you to get outside and enjoy the moon, the fresh air and the buzz of the approaching summer.
Then SHARE what you did here or on Facebook (yes I will be sharing too!)
Happy Moon Play time!